Hi there Thanks for joining me on this great episode about Milk.
I have a very interesting topic here on milk. I see a lot of attention paid to the way that milk is presented and how good the micro foam is and not enough attention is paid on the basics of handling, correct frothing temperature, sterilisation and storage of milk.
If you concentrate on this really basic tips for milk which again I concentrate on the 20% effort required that will give you 80% of results.
Tips on using the correct milk frothing pitcher jug for the different takeaway cups.
Brew up a great cup of coffee sit down and put up your feet and enjoy the episode!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT…
This episode I dive deep into the following topics about milk;
- Milk Handling
- Dumping left over milk
- Rinsing the milk jug after every use
- Avoid mixing the new milk with old milk
- Milk Preparation
- Overheating the milk
- Milk curdling (normal milk and soy based)
- Adding new milk to left over milk
- Reheating milk
- Storing of remaining milk for later use
- Selecting The Correct Milk Portion
- Correct milk jug for each cup size
- Using separate milk jugs for each type of milk used
- Marking the milk jugs to quickly identify the milk type
- Milk storage
- How long milk is left at room temperature before stored into the cool room
- Reducing milk temperature variations
- In this episode I will give examples and links to recommend products
- Milk jug rinsers
- Milk jugs for 8oz
- Milk jugs for 12oz
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- PODCAST EPISODE : Episode 2 – How to find fresh coffee beans
- PODCAST EPISODE : Episode 3 – Coffee Grinder
- PODCAST EPISODE : Episode 4 – The Brew Equipment
- SUIATABLE MILK JUG RECOMMENDATION :
- MILK JUG RINSER : Flush Mounted
- MILK JUG RINSER : Surface Mounted
- MILK TEMPERATURE GAUGE
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
I hope you enjoyed Episode 5 – Part 4: Milk and found it and helpful for your cafe or home use.
If you have a comment or would like to leave some feedback you’d like to share? Let me know in the comment section below.
You can also leave a voicemail if it is easier for you. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it on your favourite social media platform using the buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave a review on iTunes for Blandi Coffee Podcast.
If you have found this podcast episode helpful in any way. The ratings and reviews help other people find it on iTunes so that it can reach more people and help more people as much as it help you.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to be automatically updated when a new episode comes out, It’s free!
See you next time! and enjoy your coffee!!
Click On The Icon Below to Download the Transcript